cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Re: Year-end Donation Letters

QBO Team, Any updates on the Year-End Contribution Statement addition?

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @ara1181.

Currently, the ability to create a Year-End Contribution Statement is not yet available. What you can do is to generate the Sales by Customer Detail report and send it to your Donors.

First, let's prepare the email template that will be used in sending the report to your Donors.

1. Click the Gear Icon.
  2. Choose Account and Settings.
  3. On the Sales tab, edit Messages.
    • Sales Form = Statement / Sales Receipt
    • Use Greeting: To: [Display Name]
    • Subject = “Donor Statement from [your company]”
    • Email Message: “The attached donor statement acknowledges your generous contribution. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. Please retain this for your records. Thank you for your support! [your company signature]”.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Hit Done.

Once completed, here's how to generate the Sales by Customer Detail report:

1. Go to Reports.
  2. Choose Sales by Customer Detail.
  3. Click the Customize button.
  4. In the Rows/Columns section, click the Change Columns.
  5. Select Customers.
  6. Click Run Report.

To create a Statement, here's how:

1. Click the Plus Icon.
  2. Go to Statements.
  3. Select the Transaction Statement.
  4. Choose All Customer Balance.
  5. Select the date range of the statement.
  6. Click Save and Send.

That should do it! This will allow you to prepare a Year-End Contribution Statement.

Let me know if you have other question about generating and sending a report in QuickBooks Online. I'm always here to help.

Frequent Explorer *

Thanks this was helpful. I was able to create custom reports that satisfies my needs though it would be nice to have it as a standard report.

QuickBooks Team

Delighted to hear again from you, @ara1181.

It makes my day hearing that the steps I've provided works on your end. We'll be sure to keep enhancing and adding features to QuickBooks Online so it becomes an even more versatile tool for you.

Stay tuned to our blog to see what's in store: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Always feel free to leave a post here in the Community if there are features you’d like to get more familiar with. I'm just one post away. Wishing you continued success!

Experienced Member

Unfortunately this does not solve our problem.  

The Sales by Customer Detail Report is still just one long report without page breaks and cannot be used as is.  Each customer needs to be on its own page.  In the desktop version you could just click to add in page breaks and it was beautiful.  Now we have to export to excel and add our own page breaks which takes a really long time.  Is there a place to add page breaks?

The Statement is separated by donor but is a generic page missing donation information that shows what they gave towards.  It sends an amount and description of the product/service but doesn't list the actual item or class it was given towards.  Is there a place to customize the transaction info listed on the statement?

QuickBooks Team

Hi @mpritchett,

As of the moment, there isn't an option to add a page break and customize your transaction's detail in your statements and reports.

What you have been doing is the only workaround and the option we have for now. Exporting them as an Excel file allows you to customize and add details you want for your statements and reports.

But don't worry, I'll pass along your request to our product developers. This way, they'll know your need for a customizable report and transaction's detail for your customer's statement.

In addition, I'd recommend checking our QuickBooks Online Blog so you'll be updated with all the new features released in our software.

As always, you can visit our Help Articles page for QuickBooks Online if in case you need to learn some "How do I" steps.

It'll be always my pleasure to help if you have any other questions. I'll be keeping an eye for your response.