cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

accounts receivable

I want to write a check for $5,000 to a salesperson.  However, I don't want the total $5,000 taken out this month.  I'd like to set it up so that $1,000 is taken out over the next five months.  How do I do that?  I'd set it up as a receivable? 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: accounts receivable

Hello there, @AutoCon.

You can utilize the Progress Invoicing feature to invoice your salesperson with the amount of $1,000 every month. Let me guide you on how to get started.

First off, let's turn on the progress invoicing feature. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. Choose Sales.
  4. In the Progress Invoicing section, click the Pencil icon.
  5. Click the Create multiple partial invoices from a single estimate checkbox.
  6. Hit Save, then Done.

Once done, you can create an estimate with the total amount of $5,000. After which, you can start invoicing your salesperson every month with the amount of $1,000.

You can read through this article for more detailed steps and information: Set up and Send Progress Invoices in QuickBooks Online.

In case you need tips and related articles in the future, visit our QuickBooks Community help website for reference: QBO Self-help.

Please keep in touch with us here in the Community should you need any further assistance. We're always here to help.