Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

journal entries

Dear all,

May i asking about the journal entries and the expense in QBO.

ex. $135 Expense Bank cheque pay for Name Card company.

should i only entry in expense ? or journal entry? or both? is it duplicate if input both?

Thank you.

Best answer 02-15-2019 04:27 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: journal entries

Hello, kenny513. 

Anything you purchase with a debit card, credit card, bank transfer or online payment is called an expense in QuickBooks. You can check this article to learn more about this transaction: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Income-and-expenses/Know-more-about-the-expenses-page/m-p/18....

While Journal Entry is also a way of recording transaction. However, it doesn’t affect a certain vendor in your QuickBooks.

To make sure you’re able to record the transaction correctly in QuickBooks, I’d recommend referring to your accountant.

Thanks for visiting the Community. Please drop by again if there's anything else you need. 

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello, kenny513. 

Anything you purchase with a debit card, credit card, bank transfer or online payment is called an expense in QuickBooks. You can check this article to learn more about this transaction: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Income-and-expenses/Know-more-about-the-expenses-page/m-p/18....

While Journal Entry is also a way of recording transaction. However, it doesn’t affect a certain vendor in your QuickBooks.

To make sure you’re able to record the transaction correctly in QuickBooks, I’d recommend referring to your accountant.

Thanks for visiting the Community. Please drop by again if there's anything else you need. 

Established Member

Thank you for your reply and help me to solve the problem.

...actually we don't have the accountant as we are in small company Smiley Surprised maybe i'm