cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

missing names on reports for donors

Sorry if this is a basic question, but I have donors names and addresses in my customer file.  Names are recorded in name fields for customer form, also as first line in address field and also as "additional information" in fname and lname fields.   When I run donor reports,  the names are not displayed regardless of specifying them as select data fields to display.   ???  I have tried selecting "lname" and "fname" fields  and also "firstname" Lastname " fields, but reports are blank in those fields. ??????  Even "nameaddr" field omits the first line.    Hopefully the issue is me and I am doing something silly.  Help would be appreciated. It is very frustrating .

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: missing names on reports for donors

Thanks for joining the community, @pottersw,

I am here to help you add your customer's first and last names on your Donors report.

When you open a customer or a donor report, it will automatically include the member's name under the Name column. However, if opt to set up a custom field for the First and Last Name, you must add them first to the sales template. Follow the steps I've outlined for you according to its given order:

Step 1: Add a Custom Field for the name.

1. Go to the Customers menu.
  2. Choose Customer Center from the list.
  3. Double-click the customer and click on Additional Info.
  4. Tap the Define Fields button.
  5. Enter the custom field you want to add.
  6. Mark the Cust or Vend columns.
  7. Click OK twice.

Step 2: Add the custom field on the sales form template.

1. Click the Lists menu.
  2. Select Templates.
  3. Double-click the default template you want to use.
  4. On the Basic Customization window, click on Additional Customization.
  5. On the Header section, mark the Screen and Print columns for the names.
  6. Tap on OK twice.

Step 3: Assign the template to the transactions on the report.

1. Open the Sales by Item Detail report.
  2. Click the Customize Report button.
  3. On the Display tab, mark the First Name and Last Name columns.
  4. Click OK.
  5. If the columns are still empty, double-click the transactions one at a time and make sure it is using the correct invoice template.
  6. Add the names manually.
  7. Hit Save & Close.

I'm confident that those steps will help display the name fields on the report. Please let me know how it goes once you've tried the steps. I'll be more than happy to assist you again. Have a wonderful day!

Community Explorer **

Re: missing names on reports for donors

I would call this as a incompetent  software programmer. 

Quickbooks's Customers already have built-in field and cant pull the data from it.  I am not doing a double work for that.