cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roysco
Level 1

total units sold Summary by Rep report

Hi,

I use 2019 QB for Mac desktop. When I run reports for the month, quarter, etc. I want to see the total Units sold. On the Sales by Item Summary it shows units sold, but no total at the bottom, see attached, the highlighted in red should the be total units sold.

I also tried Sales Item by Detail and still no total. Under Options on the report there is no total units sold to select. Help, as I'm tried of manually have to add the number to find the total units sold. 

8 Comments 8
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Let's check to see if this is a data issue, roysco.

You'll want to run the Rebuild Data Utility and Verify Data Utility tool to identify and fix data problems in the program.

To Rebuild Data:

1. Click File, then select Utilities and Rebuild Data.
  2. On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup. 
  3. Click OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

To Verify Data:

1. Click File, then click Utilities and Verify Data.
  2. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  3. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close, then review the QBWin.log file.

You can refer to this article for more information: Resolve data damage on your company file.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back to me anytime.

roysco
Level 1

Hi, 

I successfully rebuilt and verify data and still no total. Attached report: Sales by Item Summary.

Any other ideas? 

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @roysco.

I appreciate you providing some more details about this issue. I'm here to help provide additional details regarding pulling up a Sales Item report in QuickBooks Desktop. 

We haven't received any similar cases reported to us. To better isolate this issue, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks. Doing this helps resolve program-related issues like this. 

Before doing so, be sure to have your QuickBooks Desktop download file (or your installation CD), and license numbers ready.

To uninstall your QuickBooks:

1. Close QuickBooks.
  2. While on your desktop, from the Finder menu, select Go.
  3. Choose Applications.
  4. Select the QuickBooks icon and drag/move it to the Trash.

For detailed instructions about this process, please check out this article: Reinstall QuickBooks for Mac using clean install.

However, if the problem continues, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the necessary tools like screen-sharing that can help verify what's causing the issue. You can reach them by following the contact details found in this link: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

This should get you back to business.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me here should you have any further questions, I want to make sure you're taken care of. Thanks for coming to the Community and take care.

roysco
Level 1

This is crazy. QB support says it is a QB for MAC issue. A simple sum of a column can't be done. Frustrated that I have to manually add units sold in my Sale by Item Summary report. 

Kristine Mae

We don't want our customers to feel that way, Roysco.

Rest assured, our engineers are doing their best to get a permanent fix as soon as possible. For now, you'll want to manually add the units sold in the Sales by Item Summary report.

In case you have other questions, don't hesitate to post in the Community. 

bahamabreeze
Level 3

It does not show on QB Pro 2019 for PC either. Never has.

bahamabreeze
Level 3

It does not show on QB Pro 2019 either. Just the sales total not the item total. Never has. I export to excel then get a sum total there.

MJoy_D

Let me help you fix the error you've encountered when running the report with your QuickBooks Desktop Pro, @bahamabreeze

To resolve this, you can run the Rebuild Data Utility and Verify Data Utility tool by following the steps provided by my colleague @ShiellaGraceA.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and QuickBooks Desktop for Mac has the same steps in running the tool. That will help in fixing minor data problems with your company file.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this report by leaving a comment below. Take care and have a wonderful week.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us