cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
MFessler
Level 2

Client Debt Counseling Programs?

Hi!  I'm new to posting to the QB Community, so not sure if I'm in the right place...I need some resources and I think some of you may be able to help.  I have a client who has a large amount of credit card debt and needs to engage some kind of debt counseling to help her consolidate or recommend a plan of action.  Do any of you know good debt counseling programs/companies?  Non-Profit programs are preferrable, but as long as it's reputable I'll appreciate any suggestion.  Thanks!

Solved
Best answer April 19, 2018

Best Answers
ShanaNiederman
Level 6

Welcome to the QB Community, @MFessler! While I don't have any personal experience working with clients in need of debt counseling, I found the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors and the National Foundation for Credit Counseling online to be helpful places to begin reading. Good luck!

View solution in original post

SarahGonzales
Level 5

Thanks for the question, @MFessler!

It inspired an article all about this topic. I hope you find it useful!

Make a Get Out of Credit Card Debt Plan With Free Consumer Counseling

Cheers, Sarah

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
lynda
Community Champion

Pretty sure there’s one out there called fundera. And they help people with this type of problem. It’s an app and you added to your QuickBooks online program.

MFessler
Level 2

Thanks, Lynda! I appreciate the quick response!  It looks like Fundera is used for small business conslidation and funding issues.  My client is looking for help with her personal credit card debt.  :)

ShanaNiederman
Level 6

Welcome to the QB Community, @MFessler! While I don't have any personal experience working with clients in need of debt counseling, I found the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors and the National Foundation for Credit Counseling online to be helpful places to begin reading. Good luck!

SarahGonzales
Level 5

Thanks for the question, @MFessler!

It inspired an article all about this topic. I hope you find it useful!

Make a Get Out of Credit Card Debt Plan With Free Consumer Counseling

Cheers, Sarah

MFessler
Level 2

Thanks, @SarahGonzales!!

MFessler
Level 2

Thanks, @ShanaNiederman!  Excellent advice...I'll check them out now.  :)

EmilyCowan
Level 7

Hey @MFessler - welcome to QB Community. I love that you're here to do some research on behalf of your client. You've definitely come to the right place!

See you online :smileyhappy:

Detroit_Tara
Level 2

Hi there!

Just wondering if you would be able to walk this client through paying down the debt?  There is truly only one way and you already have a rapport with the client.  I'd be happy to help your client if they need it or even coach you through a process that is totally doable!

Contact me and  we could do a zoom meeting to connect.

Love to chat. 

Tara Cruz

Detroit Business Advisors

Need to get in touch?

Contact us