cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
SteveChase
Community Champion

Have you tried the the New Google Calendar App?

Rcently I started playing with my new google calendar app and I saw some things that I really like. Maybe its been around for a while and I am late to the party but this is so good and is helping me run my business more smoothly.

When you tap the + sign to add something new it will give you three items to begin with.

• Goal
  • Reminder
  • Event

I love the Goal option

• Excercise
  • Build a Skill
  • Family & Friends
  • Me Timie
  • Organize My Life

Once you tap one of the above you get to narrow down the actual name of the activity. Then it will give you a choice for how often.

• Once a week
  • 3 times a week
  • 5 times a week
  • Every day
  • more options...

Here is a link to start the fun!

https://www.google.com/calendar/about/

Let me know how you are finding it to help your business run more smoothly?

Steve Chase

PS

My wife often brags to me that she is more efficient with her time management in her business and I joke back that I am. But truth be told she does rock the calendar and it is fun to see her get so excited about who can be more efficient with her time. If you want to watch a video of how she works her calendar check it out here at http://www.piekefficiency.com/ 

7 Comments 7
lynda
Community Champion

Thanks for giving me a "new shiny toy" to play with.    :smileyhappy:

SteveChase
Community Champion

You gotta let me know if you like it and which planning of time blocks you like the most.

AudreyPratt
Level 7

This is great @SteveChase. Thanks so much for sharing and I also can't wait to play around with this! I always love finding new ways to stay on track with goals.

photosbydepuhl
Level 4

@SteveChase I gotta take a look at that. Right now I use Google calendar when I sign up for an event. It's easy to click add to calendar and get all the info on one place. Unfortunately I don't live on Google calendar, so I have a Zapier script that fires every time there's a new event on my Google calendar, it copies it into my Salesforce calendar, where I do live :)

I love this kind of automation. 

SteveChase
Community Champion

Very cool @photosbydepuhl I would love to do more with Zapier. I think it is a very cool program with calendar automatio

photosbydepuhl
Level 4

@SteveChase if you think that's cool check out how I use a Post-It note (and Zapier and IFTTT) to automate my workflow. Full disclosure - after I wrote this blog post, I've refined this system to have my client's opportunities digitally shepherded through Evernote and SalesForce with a few different colored Post-It notes. It's almost like magic…

SteveChase
Community Champion

@photosbydepuhl you might have my jaw drooling with envy. I'm not there yet... but I can see something like this in my future! Thanks for sharing this inspiration!

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” - Napoleon Hill

@photosbydepuhl, have you read Think and Grow rich by Napoleon Hill?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us