cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Pamela121
Level 1

Advance pricing or Price rules in QBO

I have a client that has two prices for their items sold, one for retail customers and one for wholesalers/dealers. 

I see that QBO has price rules for the USA,  but is this feature not available for QBO Canadian users? 

Thanks

Pamela

13 Comments 13
JessT

Great to see you here, Pamela!

At the moment, the Advanced Pricing or Price Rule feature is only offered to QBO US accounts. Your client can follow the QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated with the new features in QuickBooks.

If there anything that I can help, you can always go back to this this thread.

Pamela121
Level 1

Wow, thanks for the quick response!! 

Is this something that will eventually be offered to Canadian customers as well?

Thank you again! :)

Adrian_A

Thanks for getting back to us, Pamela.

For now, We don't give a specific time frame as to when this feature be available. Though, I'm sure there are a lot of you who wants this to be added to QuickBooks Canada. As my colleague mentioned above, you can follow the QuickBooks Online Blog to be notified whenever we release a new and updated feature.

I'm just a post away Pamela if you have other concerns. Have a wonderful day!

petemcg180
Level 2

Hi Adrian

Setting different price levels for products/customers seems to be a fundamental requirement for many businesses. 

We are looking for a new accounting platform and QB would have to be excluded if there is no commitment to provide this feature.

Can you supply an update as to when this will be rolled out in Canada?

Thanks

Peter

AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Hi Peter. We've received tons of great feedback from our Canadian users regarding this tool, and our engineers always consider these suggestions for future updates.

While we can't guarantee that this feature will be included, it's always great to make sure your voice is heard. That's why we encourage our users to submit feedback by clicking the Gear icon > Feedback. The more users who make the same request, the more likely it is that this will be considered moving forward. 

I hope this helps provide some clarity on this for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@petemcg180 

For the time being, you may have 3 options:

1. Having an inventory management app with B2B portal feature

2. Switch to QB Desktop

3. Switch to other solution

petemcg180
Level 2

Hi Fiat Lux

We are in the process of switching over to QB from another platform and going through the setting up process. We have set up our chart of accounts, customers list and inventory online and have also downloaded the desktop QB app. Can you tell me whether the two options are synched and you mention that the desktop version allows for setting up different price levels for products. Can you explain how to set this up?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Peter

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@petemcg180 

If you are using QBO and trading merchandise, you can explore the B2B feature in these apps. You may have multiple pricelist for your customers.

https://go.tradegecko.com/register?code=fiat-lux

https://www.zaperp.com/ref/25/

In QB Desktop, you may utilize the Advanced Pricing feature

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-ca/sales-customers/use-advanced-pricing/01/261351

Hope it helps.

petemcg180
Level 2

Thaanks for your help but it looks like the Advanced Pricing Option might not be available for Canadian users.

I will look at the add on options though.

Thanks again

Peter

jean-paul
Level 1

Is the Advance Pricing available on Enterprise Desktop in Canada yet 

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Advanced Pricing is a new subscription-based feature available only to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers. For U.S. versions of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, Advanced Pricing is a subscription-based feature available only to customers with a QuickBooks Enterprise Platinum Subscription. For Canadian versions of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, it can be purchased as an add-on service.

Aaron 1
Level 1

I need this in the UK version

QBO is missing out on a huge market just based on this one feature.

PatriciaT
QuickBooks Team

Hi Aaron 1,

I know how important it is to have every feature you need for your business. Price Rules is now available in QBO Canada. If you'd like more information on that for the UK version, I'd recommend reaching out to the UK community here: QuickBooks Online UK community

All the best to you!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us