cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
louisahadden
Level 1

Am I able to use 8.5 x 5.5 paper for invoicing?

7 Comments 7
AlexV
QuickBooks Team

You can use any paper size, louisahadden.

You can select the size of the paper you'd like in printing invoices or any sales transactions. When printing invoices, on the Print page, choose your preferred paper size from the Paper size drop-down. 

For more information, check how to print sales forms.

I'd be glad to help you if you have other concerns. Have a great day!

louisahadden
Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried 1 invoice and when I printed it it has not included the whole invoice, it has cut off everything after the tax box.

Any other suggestions on how to get my invoices on 8.5 x 5.5?

Louisa 

JessT

Hi Louisa,

In addition to Alex's answer, you can try printing in Google Chrome. Through it, you can adjust the display scale manually or you can select Fit to page.

If there's anything that I can help you further, please let me know.

louisahadden
Level 1

JessT, thank you so much.

I should have known that but this change to online rather than desktop QB has me showing my blondeness.  :smileyhappy:

JessT

You're welcome, Louisa!

You have us here, and you can always post back when you need help. Have a blessed morning! Smiley Happy

Jean-Luc Helmcke
Level 1

Hello JessT,

I use Quickbooks Desktop, where exactly can you print invoices on Google Chrome?

And also, how do you customize these invoices to have it display only a few informations?

Thank you JessT.

Jen_D

Thanks for joining this thread and letting us know what you needed help for, Jean-Luc.

I will share some insights about this invoice printing concern in QuickBooks Desktop.

While QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) and QuickBooks Online (QBO) are different platforms. QB Desktop is downloaded and installed on a computer, while QB Online is cloud-based and runs using the internet.

With this, the printing feature for both programs are quite different from one another. Invoices in QuickBooks Desktop will not directly print in Google Chrome as QBO. As a workaround, you can print the invoice using the Microsoft Print to PDF option and open it in the Google Chrome later. Otherwise, you can just use the local printing option inside the program.

To customize the data printed on the invoice, you can do it through the invoice template. Here's how:

1. Go to the Lists menu and select Templates.
  2. Double-click the invoice template for your invoices.
  3. Uncheck the boxes you don't want to include on the template.
  4. For additional formatting, click the Additional Customization button.
  5. Update the information for each column, based on the detail you want only be printed.
  6. Additionally, if you want to change the ;ayout, use the Layout Designer button. Press OK after.
  7. After all the changes, click OK to save the information.

I'll be adding these related links to help you out with printing transactions in QuickBooks Desktop:

Visit our forum anytime if you have other questions or concerns about printing sales forms in QuickBooks Desktop. I'll be right here to help you out with any program tasks too.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us