cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Solved

How to create an invoice with partial payment request?

Hi,
i'm invoicing customer with terms as "50% deposit, balance due on delivery".
in order to give customer a more clear idea about the payment terms,  i have to attach a statement along with invoice so they won't get confused about the payment terms.

my question is, how to create a invoice as below:

item: taxation book     $50
HST:                             $0.00
total:                             $50.00
deposit due:                $25.00

thanks and any answer will be helpful!!!

regards
Best answer 03-11-2019 06:11 PM

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

you could create an invoice   bill the $ 50 then in the...

you could create an invoice   bill the $ 50

then in the description field of the invoice you could

List the Payment terms
              50%   due on receipt of invoice   $ 25.00
              50%   due upon delivery                  25.00 
12 Comments
Not applicable

you could create an invoice   bill the $ 50 then in the...

you could create an invoice   bill the $ 50

then in the description field of the invoice you could

List the Payment terms
              50%   due on receipt of invoice   $ 25.00
              50%   due upon delivery                  25.00 
Not applicable

thanks a lot. i still have some questions on invoicing in...

thanks a lot.
i still have some questions on invoicing in this way:  first of all, will this be leagally assure that the invoice will billing the customer correct amount(two payment requrement in one invoice)? second, what will be the next step? for example, if the customer paid the first deposit, do i need to issue another invoice state that they have already paid $25.00?

regards and thanks for your kindly help~!
Not applicable

You invoice the customer for $50.00 total (with terms of...

You invoice the customer for $50.00 total (with terms of 50/50)  (One sale done deal)                   You receive $25.00 and click from HOME screen Receive Payments enter customer name click the $50.00 invoice enter the $25.00 you have in hand, save close then Make Deposit click the $25.00 print deposit  save and go to the bank.                                    Your Accounts Receivable - Customer will reflect the $25.00 still due and when they pay balance just click "Receive Payments" match again to open customer,amount, record, deposit.......................
Not applicable

thanks a lot

thanks a lot
Not applicable

Thanks for this. Is it possible to set multiple due dates...

Thanks for this. Is it possible to set multiple due dates for the 50% deposit and the balance payments? Without this, we can't track whether the balance is overdue or not?
Established Community Backer ***

You need Separate Invoices, to have Separate Due Dates.

You need Separate Invoices, to have Separate Due Dates.
Not applicable

I had this same problem, and couldn't find the answer any...

I had this same problem, and couldn't find the answer anywhere. This might be a recent addition to Quickbooks, but I stumbled on it.

Edit > Preferences > Jobs & Estimates > Company Preferences > "Do you do progress invoicing?" - YES

Not applicable

Another way would be to set up a "sale Item" that you ins...

Another way would be to set up a "sale Item" that you insert couple of lines down in the Invoice I have many various no value sale items for various reasons from "happy birthday", "Closed for vacation from X to X" " Import and export data and information some countries require" etc. too my catch all sale item called "type info here" so when your processing Invoice just type in "item" column - type info here t ab to description column back space and insert what ever you want.
Community Backer **

Re: Another way would be to set up a "sale Item" that you ins...

Instead of an Invoice, I would create a Sales Order or Quote for $50.00 + applicable tax, requesting 50% Deposit (or $25.00) These are both Non-Posting transactions that don't affect your finances.

When you receive the $25, use the Receive Payments to record it. This will create a Credit in the Customer's account.

When you fill the order, turn the Sales Order into an Invoice with the current date and apply the $25 Credit, The balance owing will be $25 + Tax on $50.00. Your Sales and Taxes are now both accurate.

Frequent Contributor *

Re: Another way would be to set up a "sale Item" that you ins...

Here's an article that I refer to when I receive deposits on jobs that haven't been invoiced yet.  You can state the terms in the body of the Sales Receipt.  Maybe this will help you too.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Manage-customers-and-income/Manage-upfront-deposits-or-retai...

Re: I had this same problem, and couldn't find the answer any...

We started using this progress billing option, but I hate that it breaks up the item quantity not just the dollar value, so we end up with half items in inventory which I really hate.  Even though it shakes out after the final invoice, it just looks messy.  I find this silly.  Anyone find how to stop this?

Experienced Member

Re: I had this same problem, and couldn't find the answer any...

Good afternoon,

Do you know how I can insert on all my invoice a down payment of 30% ? So the clients will know what he has to pay to statrt the job.

Thanks