cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
theron1
Level 2

I am just starting to create invoices from time and expenses clicked as billable. How do I recreate an invoice from billable expenses and time after deleting it?

I deleted the invoices because I had not captured all of the labour because I had not approved all labour related to the invoice in TSheets.  The first time I deleted the invoice, all time and expenses remained available to be invoiced under the create invoice tab but now the time and expenses are not available to be clicked and assigned to the invoice.  How do I get that data back to where it needs to be to redo the invoice?

2 Comments 2
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

I am just starting to create invoices from time and expenses clicked as billable. How do I recreate an invoice from billable expenses and time after deleting it?

Hello theron1,

I hope your Friday is going well so far and that your weekend is looking bright. Thanks for describing what's happening and what you've done when trying to recreate your invoice for the billable time. The first step in these situations is always to make sure that you're selecting the correct customer. It's a simple step, but I know sometimes we click too quickly or just miss the one we want.

Once you're certain you have the correct customer, the second step is to go back and mark the timesheet hours as billable again. Here's how to do that.

1. From the Home screen, click Enter Time.
  2. Choose Use Weekly Timesheet.
  3. Use the Previous arrow in the upper left to search for the time sheet.
  4. In the Billable? column, you'll see the box now looks like a tiny invoice, click that.
  5. On the "Activities in this row have already been billed. Are you sure you want to make them billable again?" prompt, click Yes.
  6. Click Save & Close to exit.

Now go back to try to create the invoice again and see if the hours are appearing. If not or if you've configured your billable hours a different way, give our phone support team a call for further troubleshooting. Agents are available at 1-877-772-9158. Pro and Premier support is available 24/7 and Enterprise agents are reachable from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST.

I hope that helps! Stop by again if you need anything else. :)

impossible
Level 6

Deleting the customer invoice marks the time and expenses unbilled. With the new Invoice open, click the Add Time & Costs and select the items to include.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us