cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
southmenterprise
Level 1

If i recieved a partial payment? How do I apply a partial payment and then send the customer a remaining balance?

1 Comment 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

If i recieved a partial payment? How do I apply a partial payment and then send the customer a remaining balance?

Welcome aboard to the Online Community, southmenterprise.

Let’s record the partial payment by going to the Receive Payment window. I can guide you through the steps.

1. Click the Plus icon in the upper right hand and choose Receive Payment.
  2. Select the correct customer.
  3. Input the date when you received the amount and the payment method.
  4. In the Outstanding Transactions section, mark the box of the invoice you’re working on and enter the amount in the Payment field box.
  5. Click on Save.
    ptc.pngptc1.png

After following these steps, the invoice’s status will automatically change to Partial. To send a copy of the partial payment, simply go to the Transaction List page and email it.

Here’s how:

1. On the left panel of your company, choose the Sales menu and pick Customers.
  2. In the Customers window, click the client’s name to open the Transaction List page.
  3. Mark the invoice’s box with the Partial status.
  4. Under Action, click on the drop-down and choose Send.

For additional informtion about recording payments and grouping deposits in QBO, check out the Record a customer payment article.

Stay in touch if you have further questions or any other concerns. I’ll jump right back in to answer you. Wishing you the best.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us