cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
jaemi
Level 1

Transferring customized invoice template to another file

I have a client who is moving from a proprietorship to an incorporated company.  Because the company structure has changed, they are starting a new QuickBooks file with the new company.  However, they've customized the invoice template, and want to move it to the new file and just change the name and GST number.  Can this be done or do they have to recreate it?

Solved
Best answer March 11, 2019

Best Answers
Countrymusicmom
Level 2

In the old data file go to Lists>Templates>Highlight the template they want to use in the new file>Click the Template Icon at the bottom left of the window>Export and follow the steps.  Make sure you know where you save the file.

In the new company data file go to Lists>Templates>Highlight the Template Icon>Import and follow the steps.

Edit the template to make sure it shows the new company name and GST number.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Countrymusicmom
Level 2

In the old data file go to Lists>Templates>Highlight the template they want to use in the new file>Click the Template Icon at the bottom left of the window>Export and follow the steps.  Make sure you know where you save the file.

In the new company data file go to Lists>Templates>Highlight the Template Icon>Import and follow the steps.

Edit the template to make sure it shows the new company name and GST number.

office30
Level 1

I expected this to work, Thanks. But it just crashes my Quick Books

Need to get in touch?

Contact us