cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

FAQ Videos

Good eve! One of my most successful professional/entrepreneurial connections suggests to have ten (10) 1-2 min vids on your website & tied to your social media ... .. one vid per FAQ = frequently asked Q. I have FIVE of mine recorded & the next five will be in March. Paying forward the suggestion & would be glad to share 1 or 2 here on the forum if / when anyone offers thoughtful feedback.
5 Comments 5
EmilyCowan
Level 7

FAQ Videos

This is a really interesting idea, @SBSL-Founder-SJ, thanks for passing along. 10 videos sounds like a lot and you're already half way there! Would love see an example of one of your short videos and the FAQ it's tied to. Fire away :smileyhappy:

Rustler
Level 15

FAQ Videos

I know they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but personally if the help document only offers a video, I close it look for something with screen shots and or well written directions.

Even with two monitors, video on one, software on the other, it is a pain to even try to follow along, pause - play - pause - play - 

EmilyCowan
Level 7

FAQ Videos

@Rustler wrote:

I know they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but personally if the help document only offers a video, I close it look for something with screen shots and or well written directions.

Even with two monitors, video on one, software on the other, it is a pain to even try to follow along, pause - play - pause - play - 

I tend to agree. Am curious to see how the video and the written FAQ answer work together.

Rustler
Level 15

FAQ Videos

@EmilyCowanwrote: 

I tend to agree. Am curious to see how the video and the written FAQ answer work together.

One major issue with video, is keeping it updated, especially if it deals with showing/demonstrating software in some respect.  And with the way they change QBO, that could be a full time job.

SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

FAQ Videos

YVW! Video is booming - I keep reading tweets, posts, blogs, & articles talking about how the engagement with a video blows visual & written content out of the water. Can do -- once I have this same friend/connection review my edits & perhaps the raw vid(s), and I post, I'll link .... Indeed, its not entirely w/o some work to maintain. I'm attempting to keep the 10 that I'll eventually have relevant, time wise, by focusing on Q's that shouldn't change often.

@EmilyCowanwrote:

This is a really interesting idea, @SBSL-Founder-SJ, thanks for passing along. 10 videos sounds like a lot and you're already half way there! Would love see an example of one of your short videos and the FAQ it's tied to. Fire away :smileyhappy:

Need to get in touch?

Contact us