cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

CoWorking memberships

Here in the CBus metro area ( #12 in the nation for new startups, last I heard!) , the # of new coworking facilities is going to the moon!! In my reasoned view, having been a member of one of these for just over a year, I heartily suggest this as an ideal next step if you are presently a 'coffee shop' entrepreneur ( Panera Bread peeps, Starbucks denizens unite! ) and/or working at home, yet you are social enough --- esp I style personalities -- to want to meet new people & collaborate far more often :) Anyone else out there a member of a coworking facility? CBus? Or .... ?
2 Comments 2
EmilyCowan
Level 7

CoWorking memberships

I don't have any personal experience with coworking facilities but a videographer friend of mine has a space in one nearby and she has nothing but good things to say. I did attend a branding seminar there once and it was pretty cool to see how varied the members are in terms of size and sector.

@SBSL-Founder-SJ, I'd love to hear from you an example or two of a moment when you collaborated or shared ideas with someone you may never have worked with had you not gone this route. Inquiring "coffee shop entrepreneurs" want to know!

SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

CoWorking memberships

Great! We have entered the Gig Economy, and with gigs/projects, I believe its far more impactful to think collaboration & partnerships rather than being entire solo/independent. Thus, a coworking facility is an great environment. Hmmm ---- first that comes to mind is the coworking facility where I invested in a membership offers co-marketed workshops - they promote & I do and the room doesn't have an extra $ attached to it. Idea sharing is boosted in situations like this. second --- by setting up a membership after being intro'ed to the co founder, my chatter about my home town not having any facility might've had some impact on the decision which eventually led to the 3rd location being proposed & then approved in ... my hometown! Networking & building a new relationship sure helped :)

@EmilyCowanwrote:

I don't have any personal experience with coworking facilities but a videographer friend of mine has a space in one nearby and she has nothing but good things to say. I did attend a branding seminar there once and it was pretty cool to see how varied the members are in terms of size and sector.

@SBSL-Founder-SJ, I'd love to hear from you an example or two of a moment when you collaborated or shared ideas with someone you may never have worked with had you not gone this route. Inquiring "coffee shop entrepreneurs" want to know!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us