cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
EmilyCowan
Level 7

QUESTION: How do you show your suppliers some love?

open.stocksy.jpgYou can't buy happiness . But that feeling of confidence and security you get from receiving an all-important delivery on time, every time? Worth every penny. Tell us... 

How do you show your appreciation for the people who provide the products and services that make your business possible?

6 Comments 6
Sangeethmathew
Level 6

Hi,

Suppliers are so important for any business. Finding a good and reliable supplier is a conerstone type achievement for any business.

We must always expect timely and good delivery from them. We must also make timely payments.

We must keep our suppliers in the loop about developments that may affect them and expect the same from them

not2impressed
Level 2

We have a standard 3 business day turn around for invoices of goods or completed services.  Good for both sides.

EmilyCowan
Level 7

@not2impressed, that's VERY impressive! Do you try to get the word out about this "three-day rule" as means of attracting top suppliers or is this an internally driven commitment to efficiency? Both?

not2impressed
Level 2

Internal but we expect to be treated similarly in our transactions. 

This also will allow us to take advantage of any offered discounts.   

ParkwayInc
Level 6

Hi @EmilyCowan

Since Intuit is one of our largest suppliers, I guess you would say by recommending their products. The more money I make my suppliers, the more they are going to like me :)

More in spirit of the question being asked though, in a prior career, I would always try to take them out to lunch when possible.  The most important thing that I still try to do, especially with vendors that are located further away is to go meet them in person if I am ever in the area or even close to them.

As an "app-aware" accountant, I use this practice with app companies!  Call me old school but I like to shake a hand and put a face with a name whenever possible.

Now here is another twist on this topic, after thinking about it from the customer of the vendor, what about the other way around too?  What do people do for their customers?

EmilyCowan
Level 7

@ParkwayInc wrote:

Now here is another twist on this topic, after thinking about it from the customer of the vendor, what about the other way around too?  What do people do for their customers?

As a matter of fact we asked that too, @ParkwayInc! Care to weigh in?

How do you show your customers some love?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us