cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
lemarqueschools
Level 1

Sales Tax - $0.00?

I have sales income coming in from a 3rd party vendor (where customers make payments). However, I am getting $0.00 in the sales tax column. My expenses were very high so maybe this is why? But if not, I am a little confused of how to get this to show up? I feel like I should owe something to the IRS but I have no idea how much? Isn't QuickBooks supposed to be able to also let you send a form for payment to the IRS as well? I can't find this anywhere either. (The reports DO show income and expenses however).

1 Comment 1
Littlun
Level 1

Sales Tax - $0.00?

Verify that there is a sales tax item in the items list for the correct sales tax percentage rate.

Verify sales tax settings on the invoice window.  There are three fields that impact sales tax.

On each line item in the body of the invoice window, the last column should show a 'T' indicating that item is taxable.  At the bottom of the invoice screen the field indicating the customer is 'Taxable'. The field just to the left of the totals should show the sales tax rate i.e. 6.5% or the rate for your area.

Sales tax is paid to state, not IRS, therefore QuickBooks does not have a sales tax form for IRS, nor does it have the form for state sales tax.  The states usually have a fill in form on their website, that you may use the sales tax liability report info to complete the state reporting. 

Hope this is helpful.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us