Highlighted
Community Founder
8 Comments
Established Community Backer ***
Re: Why Social Media Is a *Must.* Lessons in Networking with Makeup Artist Lottie Hadwen

@SBSL-Founder-SJ - Can you help Lottie? What services or resources do you find helpful when it comes to improving your business knowledge and pursuing personal development? Thanks! 

Super Contributor *
Re: Why Social Media Is a *Must.* Lessons in Networking with Makeup Artist Lottie Hadwen

AudreyPratt wrote:

@SBSL-Founder-SJ - Can you help Lottie? What services or resources do you find helpful when it comes to improving your business knowledge and pursuing personal development? Thanks! 

"I’d like to know more about how other business owners invest in themselves. I attend seminars and do research, but I'd like to know what sort of tools, services and personal development programs other entrepreneurs use." /// Greetings!! What a question! It could take quite a while to unpack this one, so I'm privileged to offer initial feedback + I'll gauge how much further I may be able to add endless value based on feedback rec'd. Hows that?
Super Contributor *
The first suggestion to get from home plate to first base on the "development diamond" : Assess, and be true to yourself: How do you best learn, and most importantly, retain & apply (action) knowledge? Auditory? Visual? Eye/words? Next, commit ( no trying in baseball, on this diamond Smiley Happy ) to yourself that you will stick with a development strategy for at least a year. Vision -> Strategy -> Plan/tactics. Third: Be certain that your budget always includes money for investing in yourself - Warren Buffett - paraphrasing him here - has said that there are two crucial keys: Invest in "You, Inc" & get out & stay out of debt. Personal & professional development can be looked at in a venn diagram - they overlap and you are right in the crescent shape! Fourth: Get your "hedgehog concept" diagrammed - certainly your potential & passion circles, and keep the profit one in mind too. ** I'll stop here for now - be superb! **

That sounds great. Thank you @SBSL-Founder-SJ!

This is wonderful, @SBSL-Founder-SJ! "Be true to yourself...investing in yourself." I also agree that sticking to something for a year is important, too! 

Super Contributor *
Thank YOU x 2! Both of those "yoursel(ves)" are of paramount importance, IMRV / and as I've heard stated before, if a pregnancy on average lasts 9 months, why can't an adult of any gender lock and commit to something for at least that long Smiley Very Happy

AudreyPratt wrote:

This is wonderful, @SBSL-Founder-SJ! "Be true to yourself...investing in yourself." I also agree that sticking to something for a year is important, too! 

@SBSL-Founder-SJ Smiley LOL A very true statement indeed!

Super Contributor *
I'll await any thoughtful requests ( soon or down the line ) to continue with a part II/QB sequel! to the previous post; be exceptional!

AudreyPratt wrote:

@SBSL-Founder-SJ Smiley LOL A very true statement indeed!