cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

how do i change the email address to the previously sent 1099 form so I can re-send it?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: 1099

Thanks for visiting the QuickBooks Community, yflores.

Allow me to share some details about changing the email address of the sent 1099 form.

QuickBooks Online will not allow you to make corrections to a 1099 form after it has been e-filed. However, you can make amendments in a printed copy and send it by mail to the IRS.

Feel free to read this article for more details: Can I make corrections to my 1099 after I e-file?

To change the vendor’s email address, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Expenses on the left panel.
  2. Select Vendors.
  3. Choose the vendor you’re working on.
  4. Go to the Email section and enter the correct email address.
  5. Click on Save.

Once done, let's go ahead and process the corrected 1099 form. To help you accomplish this, check out this article and go directly to the Prepare 1099s in QuickBooks Online section: QBO setup, troubleshooting, and FAQs.

If you have additional questions about processing tax forms, leave me a comment. I'll be right here to answer them for you. Have a great day ahead.

Experienced Member

What about vendors stating that they are missing their 1099s in their email. We have already checked to make sure that the emails are correct and we have checked the spam folders? Can he resend the email? if so how?

Hello there, @jones12.

Thank you for posting in the Community. Allow me to help share the updates about contractors not receiving 1099s yet by email.

The 1099s have all been filed with the IRS. However, a few contractors are reporting that they haven't received their emailed 1099s. We are aware of this issue, and our engineers are working on this for you.

In the meantime, I recommend reaching out to our payroll support. They'll assist you with some steps to re-trigger the email to be sent out again and to add your company details to the affected users' list. This will also sign you up to receive email updates as soon as they become available.

Here's how you can reach them: 

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
  2. At the top right, click the Help icon.
  3. At the bottom, click Contact Us.

That should point you in the right direction today.

We appreciate your patience while we look into this issue. Drop me a comment below if you have any other questions about 1099. I'll be happy to help you further. Wishing you and your business continued success.