cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

2018 940 tax payment task will not go away

I have already paid (efiled) 2018 Form 940  taxes via QuickBooks and payment has cleared my bank. However. Dashboard still shows the 'Task': "Federal Unemployment (940) payment Pay now". When I click on the “Pay now” link Quickbooks just spins, and a blank screen comes back. Also, even though the tax payment report shows it paid,  I'm concerned about being credited for the payment because the tax liability report still shows it due! 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: 2018 940 tax payment task will not go away

Thanks for bringing this tracking issue to my attention, @Neeterbooks.

Ensuring your tax dues are paid and tax forms are filed via QuickBooks is my priority. Let’s get started in removing the tax due notifications on your end.

I am not seeing any reports coming from other customers informing they're getting the same tax dues notification. In the meantime, let's apply the following troubleshooting steps to make sure this is not browser-related issue.

• Access your QuickBooks Online account using an incognito or private browser. Kindly use either of the following shortcut keys:
    • Google Chrome, press CTRL  + Shift + N
    • Mozilla Firefox: press CTRL  + Shift + P
    • Internet Explorer: press CTRL  + Shift + P
    • Safari: press Command + Shift + N
  • If you’re able to able to access your account and remove the tax due prompt, you may want to clear the cache of your regular web browsers.
  • To check any issues with your browser’s health and its compatibility with QuickBooks Online, you can also use the Browser Health Checkup Tool.

On the other hand, there would be a need for us to pull up your account on a secured environment to verify the tax payments you've made in the system. Since the Community space is a public forum, I’d recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. They have the tools to check your account in a secured environment.

Here's how to contact us:

1. Visit: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Go to Payroll.
  4. Choose your type of Payroll Subscription.
  5. Select Payroll.
  6. Click on the View Contact Info button to see the support number.

Keep me posted on how things work on your end. I’m always here to help you manage your tax payments. Have a great ahead!

Community Contributor *

I contacted QB/Intuit Team through the 'chat' service, and the expert fixed the problem for my client. I didn't get an explanation on what went wrong on their end that created the problem, but I am happy it's fixed. I highly recommend using the 'chat' service. I was totally frustrated by my own efforts to fix this problem which I, now, know was not possible. After connecting with the service, it was fixed in approx 5 minutes. 

PS. THANKS! 

QuickBooks Team

Hello, @Neeterbooks.

I’m glad to hear our chat support was able to help you get around the issue with your 940 tax payment. 

When it comes to a situation like this, reaching out to them is the best solution since they have the necessary tools to pull up your account in a secure environment. 

We thank you for the feedback. Please come by the Community if you need anything else. I’ll be here to help. Enjoy your day!