Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Accountant 2018 taxes

Hi, 

I invited my accountant to do my 2018 taxes but for some reason he can't open the online version. Tried numerous times but want to get done. What other options can I send him my quick-books online 2018 file, use to give flashdrive.  Even if we need to make journal entries on our own I just need him to be able to do 2018? advice?

Thank you in advance

SF33

Best answer 03-21-2019 07:47 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Accountant 2018 taxes

It's nice to have you here in the Community, @SF33.

You may need to remove/delete and re-invite the accountant user, so your accountant will be able to access your account. I'm here to help guide you how.

Make sure you have admin rights to process your request in removing an accountant user. To remove an accountant user:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Manage Users.
  3. In the Accounting firms section, select Accountant row, then choose Delete.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.

Once done, add/invite an accountant user. For the detailed instructions, you may check this article: How to manage an accountant user in QuickBooks Online.

On the other hand, if you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for 2018 payroll, payroll won't be migrated from QBDT. You'll need to check or access the file from there and create an accountant's copy to send to your accountant.

To learn more, you may check this article: Create an accountant's copy to send to your accountant.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about accountant access, I'll be always happy to help you. Wishing you continued success!

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Accountant 2018 taxes

It's nice to have you here in the Community, @SF33.

You may need to remove/delete and re-invite the accountant user, so your accountant will be able to access your account. I'm here to help guide you how.

Make sure you have admin rights to process your request in removing an accountant user. To remove an accountant user:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Manage Users.
  3. In the Accounting firms section, select Accountant row, then choose Delete.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.

Once done, add/invite an accountant user. For the detailed instructions, you may check this article: How to manage an accountant user in QuickBooks Online.

On the other hand, if you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for 2018 payroll, payroll won't be migrated from QBDT. You'll need to check or access the file from there and create an accountant's copy to send to your accountant.

To learn more, you may check this article: Create an accountant's copy to send to your accountant.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about accountant access, I'll be always happy to help you. Wishing you continued success!