cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Corprate Portion of Social Security Liabilities Aren't Being Paid

I am using payroll advanced services to process payroll and pay payroll liabilities. The program has stopped including the companies portion of the social security liabilities in my quarterly 941 submittals leaving my company with a balance due each quarter. I've checked the payroll list and confirmed this liability, I've checked the company details box in the paycheck detail, and I've run a payroll summary for each quarter in question. All show that quickbooks is tracking and calculating this amount, it's just not being included on my 941. How can I fix this?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Corprate Portion of Social Security Liabilities Aren't Being Paid

Hello there, Jwhalen123.

I want to make sure we're able to resolve your issue with Social Security company portion not being included on your 941.

To fix this, you can create a new liability account type to replace the account in the payroll item. You can do this by editing the payroll item. I'd be glad to show you how below:

1. Go to Lists.
  2. Click Payroll Item List.
  3. Double click the payroll item for Social Security Company and click Next.
  4. Click the drop down arrow for Liability account and click Add New.
  5. Fill in the necessary information and click Next until you reached Finish.
  6. An Update transactions with new account window pops up, choose Update all existing transactions to use this new account.
  7. Click Ok.

You can check out this article to know more about editing a payroll item in QuickBooks: Edit a payroll item.

That should do the trick. Don't hesitate to drop me a reply if your have follow-up question about this. I'm always happy to help.