cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Discount Percent Default

Hello, is there a way to change the default setting for invoice discount percentage? Right now it is, by default, discounted after the taxable items are added up and the sales tax calculated. There is a little switch that allows you to change that. Can you change the default for this? Can you select the setting for this choice via API? IF so how?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Discount Percent Default

Hi @JoeP.

Currently, there's no option to change the default discount percentage for invoices. 

As a workaround, you can create a service item with the income account as the discount given. Let me show you how to do this:

1. On the left panel, hover your mouse on Sales, and choose Product and Service.
  2. Click on New.
  3. Choose Service.
  4. Enter the Name. Under the Income Account drop-down, choose Discount Given.
  5. Click on Save and Close.

Note that when you add the discount to an invoice, you need to input a negative amount for it to be deducted from the invoice amount.

Also, I recommend sending feedback to our engineers about the discount percentage. This way, they can review your request and consider it in future updates.

Lastly, I recommend posting your question about API to our other forum called Intuit Developers Community. A lot of developers, programmers and engineers there interact and share insights about software integrations and developments who can help you out.

If you have other concerns, please leave a message below or post again.