cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Filing w-2 and w3 forms

After spending over an hour with support with the first person could never answer my question and I got disconnected.  I called back and after another 30-40 minutes I was told that I could not edit my w-3 form.  The W-3 form automatically  defaults to "KIND OF PAYER" 944.  I'm in agriculture and need to file as 943 under "KIND OF PAYER"  everything is the same  just need to be able to have the option to select 943  this should be a very easy fix but I have receiver no help or at least have that option. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Filing w-2 and w3 forms

Good day, @ejpoche.

I appreciate you checking us out here in the Community. Allow me to provide clarifications with selecting 943 under the Kind of payer section on your form. 

The 943 form will automatically be converted as 944 form in QuickBooks Online because we currently do not support Form 943 filing for agricultural employers. This is the reason why you're unable to select the 943 kind of payer option. Therefore, you'll need to file the form manually to your agency. 

Also, I'd encourage you sending us feedback on how we can improve your QuickBooks Online experience. This way our developers we'll be able to determine features that needs to be added in future updates, to help you run your business easier. 

You can visit our QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated about our latest happenings. Through this, you're able to get the newest news, features, and updates about QuickBooks Online and what our Product Care Team is working on.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need. I'll be around to help you out. Thanks for dropping by!