cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

How can I print two to a page on my W-2

I cannot get two to a page on the W-2 form.

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: How can I print two to a page on my W-2

Hey there, @Calves,

Thanks for your time checking this with the Community. I can share some insights on how to print 2 per page W-2 forms in QickBooks Desktop.

Your printer settings for W-2s depends on the type of paper you select. Let me guide you through the steps:

1. Go to the Employees menu and select Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s.
  2. Choose Process Payroll Forms.
  3. In the File Forms window, double-click the Annual Form W-2/W-3 - Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal.
  4. Select the employees whom you're processing the forms in the Select Employees section.
  5. Enter the filing year in the Select Filing Period section.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Mark the employee names you want to view in the Select Employees for Form W-2/W-3 window.
  8. Click Review/Edit.
  9. At the bottom of the form, click the Check for Errors button.
  10. Once you fix all the errors on the form, click the Print for Your Records button.
  11. If you want to print 2 per page for your employee copies, you can use the Preprinted Forms option in the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms.
  12. Once you're all set, you can now click Print PDF.

• Here are your options for Preprinted Forms:
    • Employee filing instructions: Required if not already printed on paper
    • W-2 – Copy C: for employee records, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
    • W-2 – Copy 2: for your State or Local Tax Department, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
    • W-2 – Copy B: for employee’s federal tax return, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)

Please note that both papers will allow you to print 2 per page for Employer and Government copies.

• For employer
    • W-2 – Copy D: for your records, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
  • For government
    • W-2 - Copy A: for the SSA, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)

That should get you on the right track, @Calves. You may want to check this article to know more about printing W-2s in QuickBooks: Print W-2 and W-3 forms

Please let me know if you need further assistance with the steps or if you encounter any issues along the way. I'm here to help whenever you need a hand. Have a great day!

Established Member

Thanks Jen

I am the only employee and the Social Security wants two to a page.

When I get to step three, a preprinted form, with the correct information appears and I cannot alter it.  Ive tried going back to the excel worksheet, however Illinois is not supported.

What else can I try?

Established Member

Thanks Jen

I am the only employee and the Social Security wants two to a page.

When I get to step three, a preprinted form, with the correct information appears and I cannot alter it.  Ive tried going back to the excel worksheet, however Illinois is not supported.

What else can I try?

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, Calves.

Let me lend a hand and help you print two pages for W-2s via QuickBooks Desktop.

In order to alter your W-2 form, you can edit the information without changing it into the Excel worksheet. You can alter the form itself, before printing it.

Here's how:

1. Open the W-2 form.
  2. Select Review/Edit.
  3. Right-click the information you want to alter and select Override.

You may find this article helpful: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1763175-fix-an-incorrect-w-2-form.

Also, these articles are a good reference:

Let me know how it goes by leaving a reply below. I'll be around to help. Have a nice day.