cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

How do I get QBO to recognize a payment that was posted via Journal Entry to create a 1099?

Amount was over $600.  My bookkeeper posted via a Journal Entry.  QBO does not see the transaction and shows no payments to the contractor.  Thanks!

3 Comments

Re: How do I get QBO to recognize a payment that was posted via Journal Entry to create a 1099?

I want to officially welcome you to QuickBooks Community, EGinGA.

I can help make sure that the journal entries are included in the vendor's 1099 form.

Journal entries should be reported in the 1099 form. To ensure they are included, you'll have to tag the vendor's name in the journal entry. I'm happy to show you how:

1. Click the Plus sign icon at the top, the choose Journal Entry.
  2. Enter the needed details.
  3. Add the vendor under the Name column.
  4. Select Save and close.

The screenshot below serves as an example.

image.png

You're now ready to prepare the 1099 forms in QuickBooks. Follow the steps I've laid out below.

1. Go to Workers.
  2. Choose Contractors.
  3. Click Prepare 1099s, then select Let's get started.
  4. Follow the screen instructions.
  5. Click Next until you reach the File window.
  6. Select the option I'll file myself to print the form.
  7. Choose Yes, looks good!, then Next.
  8. Click Done.

I'll share these articles too for reference:

That should get you back on track. Please let me know how that works for you. I'll be here and ready to help anytime. I'm cheering you to continued prosperity.

Established Member

Re: How do I get QBO to recognize a payment that was posted via Journal Entry to create a 1099?

Thank you very much!

It's my pleasure to help, EGinGA.

I want to ensure you get the most out of QuickBooks Online, I'm including some helpful video tutorials that help navigate the software: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/. 

As always, you can also check regularly for product updates and feature enhancement through this link: QuickBooks Blog.

These resources should get you in the right direction.

The Community always has your back, so please let me know if you have any questions. Have a good one.