cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

I already filed my w2s, but I need to add 3 more. How do I do that?

I already filed my w2s through intuit online payroll, but i just learned I need to file 3 more.  how do I do that?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I already filed my w2s, but I need to add 3 more. How do I do that?

Hi mcpprod,

You'll want to check the status of the form to see if it's not yet transmitted. You can delete and re-submit it.

Here's how:

1. Select the Taxes & Forms tab.
  2. Select View Archived Forms in the Quarterly or Annual forms section.
  3. Select the form name.
  4. Check the E-file Status.

You can check out the details in this article: Check e-filing or e-payment status.

This article is also a good reference: Process and file W-2 forms.

Let me know if there's anything else you need. Have a great day!

Established Member

Yes. Thank you. They are already filed.  Completed.  How can I add 3 more?

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @mcpprod.

Thanks for coming to the Community for help. I’m here to share some information about filing additional W-2 using Intuit Online Payroll.

If it shows completed as the filing status of your W-2s, the form will no longer be available under To Do list. You would need to send the Form W-2C, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement and Form W-3c, Transmittal of Corrected Wage and Tax Statements on paper or through the SSA Business Services Online website if there is incorrect information on your previously filed forms.

To learn more on how to correct or amend filed W-2 forms, check out this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1763401.

However, since you just missed to file for the rest of your employees, you can manually send the forms to the Social Security Administration. Here’s how to view and print them:
1.    Go to Taxes & Forms tab.
2.    In the Forms section, select Annual Forms.
3.    Select W-2, Copies A & D
4.    Click View.
5.    Hit the Printer icon to print the form.

For your reference, take a look at this article: Process and file W-2 forms.

That should get you pointed in the right direction. Please let me know if you have questions. I’ll be more than happy to answer them for you.