cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am having issue with my auto tax calculations, when i manually enter the dollar amount it calculates the totals, but if I try to select Tax...it zeros out the box?

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: I am having issue with my auto tax calculations, when i manually enter the dollar amount it c...

Hello there, @lyndsey-sanders.

It's my pleasure to help check your sales tax calculation in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

If you're creating an invoice and manually overriding the sales tax amount, when selecting Tax or putting a check-mark on the Tax column, the amount won't be zeroed out. To single out the cause of this unexpected behavior, I suggest accessing your account using a private browser and start working from there. If it works fine using a private browser, I recommend clearing the cache of the browser you're using.

To start with, access your account using an incognito or private browser. You may use these shortcuts:

• Google Chrome, press CTRL  Shift N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press CTRL  Shift P
  • Internet Explorer: press CTRL  Shift P
  • Safari: press Command Shift N

Also, using another supported browser can help us narrow down the cause of the issue.

On the other hand, if you're not working with invoices, can you please attach a screenshot on the page you're working where the box was zeroed out when selecting Tax.

Additional details would be much appreciated. Just add a post/comment below, I'll be right here to help you. Have a wonderful day ahead!