cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member
Solved

I hate your new sales tax and want to go back

Tell me how I can get rid of this piece of crap so I can go back to my old sales tax settings.  I hate it and need to finish my work.  Stop "helping" me and leave things alone.

Best answer 4 weeks ago

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: I hate your new sales tax and want to go back

I can walk you through the steps in getting back to the manual sales tax feature, rmamos.

Here's how:

1. Click Taxes.
  2. Click Sales tax settings at the top right.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see "Want to temporarily switch to the old tax center? Switch here." Click Switch here.
  4. Click Switch.

Note: You can no longer re-enable this feature after disabling it.

I've got an article for you to read more of the FAQ's: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Switch-to-US-Automated-Sales-Tax/td-p/192599.

Please leave a comment below if you have other questions.

5 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

I can walk you through the steps in getting back to the manual sales tax feature, rmamos.

Here's how:

1. Click Taxes.
  2. Click Sales tax settings at the top right.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see "Want to temporarily switch to the old tax center? Switch here." Click Switch here.
  4. Click Switch.

Note: You can no longer re-enable this feature after disabling it.

I've got an article for you to read more of the FAQ's: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Switch-to-US-Automated-Sales-Tax/td-p/192599.

Please leave a comment below if you have other questions.

Established Member

Thank you for your reply.  However, I have a problem with the word "temporarily".  I do not want to temporarily go back.  I figured out how to go back on my own and I want to permanently go back so that I never have this happen again.

The automated sales tax center said I owed taxes for other quarters and did not give me a way to delete the incorrect quarters.  That is what prompted me to write this message in the first place.  If you guys force a change on users, the change should not cause users to have to do more work.  Otherwise, it is not a welcome change - it is a nuisance.  Please tell me how to opt out of the upcoming change so that I do not ever have to deal with it.

QuickBooks Team

Hi rmamos,

I'd like to clarify that switching back to manual sales tax is permanent, not temporary.

I've already sent feedback on the article shared by ShiellaGraceA, and I'd appreciate it if you can do the same thing. Please open it, and click No at the bottom.

We'll be around if you have other questions.

Established Member

So the message literally says "Would you like to temporarily switch back?", yet the change is permanent?  You do not see a problem with that?  I don't mean to be a stickler here, but Intuit does not have a history of leaving its product alone and allowing customers to continue using it the way they worked hard to set it up.

When I had the desktop product, if I did not renew every few years, features would stop working.  When Google proposed changes to their Gmail, it too offered to "temporarily go back to classic mode" and then they forced the change earlier this year.  I am a technician and I still do not appreciate changes I did not request.  If I do not voice my displeasure with these changes, Intuit will assume users welcome them, and I really don't.  And I mean, I really really don't.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, rmamos.

I understand how the manual sales tax feature would be beneficial to your business. Finding new ways to adapt to our customers’ needs is how QuickBooks gets even better. Your suggestion helps our Product Development team decide what update will implement in the future. 

For the meantime, you may want to consider the workaround provided by my colleagues above.

For additional reference, you may want to check these articles:

Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other concerns. Wishing you and your business continue success.