cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

I'm trying to set up Sales Tax and when I go to add an agency it won't let me select my state of Arkansas. It's grey'd out.

I even tried to set it up as an Accountant, it worked just fine I thought. But when I switched back it still asked me to set up an agency.

Edit: I lied, I went back and checked it from the Accountant view and they don't have the ability to set up a tax agency either. Arkansas is one of the only ones that is unselectable... why Arkansas?

Best answer 04-25-2019 10:01 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: I'm trying to set up Sales Tax and when I go to add an agency it won't let me select my state...

Good morning, @tomgreenway.

Let's check your sales tax settings and remove the state of Arkansas from being greyed out. This way, you'll be able to include the agency on sales tax rate.

Here are the steps you can follow to accomplish this:

1. Select Taxes from the left menu, then choose Sales Tax.
  2. Go to Sales tax settingssalestax1.PNG
  3. Put a check mark in the Include inactive under Othersalestax2.PNG
  4. Review the list of inactive agencies.
  5. Click the Gear icon on the beside the Add agency button.  salestax3.PNGsalestax4.PNG
  6. Go back and click Make active.

I'm confident you'll be able to activate the Arkansas on your sales tax settings after following the solution above.

I've added this article on how to set up your sales tax in QuickBooks Online: Set up and use Automated Sales Tax.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with setting your sales tax. I'm always glad to help.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I'm trying to set up Sales Tax and when I go to add an agency it won't let me select my state...

Good morning, @tomgreenway.

Let's check your sales tax settings and remove the state of Arkansas from being greyed out. This way, you'll be able to include the agency on sales tax rate.

Here are the steps you can follow to accomplish this:

1. Select Taxes from the left menu, then choose Sales Tax.
  2. Go to Sales tax settingssalestax1.PNG
  3. Put a check mark in the Include inactive under Othersalestax2.PNG
  4. Review the list of inactive agencies.
  5. Click the Gear icon on the beside the Add agency button.  salestax3.PNGsalestax4.PNG
  6. Go back and click Make active.

I'm confident you'll be able to activate the Arkansas on your sales tax settings after following the solution above.

I've added this article on how to set up your sales tax in QuickBooks Online: Set up and use Automated Sales Tax.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with setting your sales tax. I'm always glad to help.