cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

I moved my Sales Tax info to the new Sales Tax version. All of my previous tax payments are messed up. Can I go back to the old version?

Best answer 03-29-2019 01:08 PM

Accepted Solutions

Re: I moved my Sales Tax info to the new Sales Tax version. All of my previous tax payments are m...

Greetings, @nancy13/

Thanks for posting the Community. I can help walk you through getting back to the old Sales Tax version in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Just to confirm, are you referring to the Automated Sales Tax feature as the new version? If so, please note that once you go back to the old version, you can no longer re-enable this feature.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Taxes menu at the left pane, then Sales tax.
2. Select Sales tax settings in the upper right.
3. At the bottom, you'll see "Want to temporarily switch to the old tax center? Switch here." Click the here link.

13.PNG

That should do it. For more information, you can also check out this article for future reference: Set up and use Automated Sales Tax.

Please let me know how it goes or if you're referring to something else by posting below. I'm always here to help you out. Wishing you all the best!

3 Comments

Re: I moved my Sales Tax info to the new Sales Tax version. All of my previous tax payments are m...

Greetings, @nancy13/

Thanks for posting the Community. I can help walk you through getting back to the old Sales Tax version in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Just to confirm, are you referring to the Automated Sales Tax feature as the new version? If so, please note that once you go back to the old version, you can no longer re-enable this feature.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Taxes menu at the left pane, then Sales tax.
2. Select Sales tax settings in the upper right.
3. At the bottom, you'll see "Want to temporarily switch to the old tax center? Switch here." Click the here link.

13.PNG

That should do it. For more information, you can also check out this article for future reference: Set up and use Automated Sales Tax.

Please let me know how it goes or if you're referring to something else by posting below. I'm always here to help you out. Wishing you all the best!

Experienced Member

When I try to switch back to the old Sales Tax Center, I receive a message that says my sales tax won't automatically be calculated and that I can't swith back to the new automated center if or when i want to.

Help?

QuickBooks Team

Hi HAM73,

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'd be glad to assist you with any concern you may have with Sales tax in QuickBooks Online.

When you switch back to the old Sales Tax Center, the process will turn to manual. You can no longer go back and use the Automated Sales Tax feature once you make the change in the system.

If you wish to use the manual sales tax feature moving forward, you can follow these steps:

1. On the left panel, click Taxes.
  2. Select Sales tax settings at the top right.
  3. At the bottom part of the screen, you'll see "Want to temporarily switch to the old tax center? Switch here." Select the here hyperlink.

If you want to know more about how the migration works, I recommend visiting these articles:

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need additional clarification with switching sales tax. I'll be sure to get back to you.