cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Idaho State Income Tax

Married employee earning salary of $29,588. annually.  QB used to take $86 monthly for Idaho State Income Tax, now is only taking $10 monthly. Is this correct?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Idaho State Income Tax

Good day, @CherylRas.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I’m here to share some information about the calculation of State Income Tax (SIT).

Intuit Online Payroll automatically calculates SIT depending on the following information: 
•    Agency’s wage and tax calculation table.
•    Employee’s filing status, number of allowances or extra withholding amount in the employee setup.
•    Pre-tax deduction items included on the paycheck.
•    Changes in pay frequency (creating extra paycheck outside of normal pay schedule).
•    Creating paycheck with wages that have a lesser or larger amount than what employee normally gets in a pay period.

You need to check if there are changes on your employee’s profile. This will allow us to know more about why the Idaho State Income Tax is only taking a $10 amount on the paycheck.

To know more about Idaho Payroll Tax Compliance, take a look at this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1458565.

Get back to me once you’ve verified everything and we’ll take it from there. I’ll be waiting for your response. Take care!

I’ve had the same problem.  Were you able to figure out the issue? 

QuickBooks Team

Hey there, Rachel.

I’m happy to see you joining in on this thread. Allow me to provide some insights into how QuickBooks calculates your state income tax.

The answer provided by @KhimG is correct. To determine why the withheld amount is incorrect, you’ll have to check if there are changes on the employees’ information.

Here's how:

1. Go to Workers on the left panel, then select Employees.
  2. Choose the employees’ you’re working on.
  3. On the Employee list page, review the employee details.

If all the information is correct, I recommend contacting our Payroll Support Team. They have the tools to check the root cause of the issue and make sure your Idaho Income Tax will calculate the correct amount.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about payroll. I’ll be right here to assist you further. Have a good one.