cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

Is it possible to export from QBO Plus for a Sole Proprietor to an existing Schedule C for a Spouse in an existing ProConnect file?

I keep reading that QBO can export into PCO.  The only option I see however is that you need to create a new tax return.  The issue I have is that I have an existing Individual 1040 return in ProConnect where the spouse has a Schedule C, sole-proprietor business.  I am using QBO Plus to track her business activity.  I would like to know if it is possible to export (or import) the tax trial balance from QBO into ProConnect and map it to the existing Schedule C for the Taxpayer's (not spouses) return.  I see how I can create a new return in PCO, but then I would have to enter in all the taxpayer's information.  So, the only thing I have found is that the P&L needs to be run in QBO and manually entered on the spuses Schedule C in ProConnect.  I can't imagine that this is an unusual  situation so wondering if I am missing something obvious.

If this doesn't currently exist, hopefully Intuit will find a way to build it into a future release. 

Best answer 03-21-2019 02:51 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Is it possible to export from QBO Plus for a Sole Proprietor to an existing Schedule C for a ...

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community, @John1961

Currently, the option to export the Trial Balance information directly to ProConnect Tax Online (PTO) is only available in QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA). For more details about this integration, you can check out these helpful articles: 

Yes, you're correct with the workaround of running the P&L report in QBO and manually entered the details on the spouses Schedule C in PTO.

For more useful links about PTO, you can visit our Resource Hub.

I'll let our product engineers know that you want to add this feature for future enhancements. If there are updates, I'll keep you posted, @John1961.

I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day!

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Is it possible to export from QBO Plus for a Sole Proprietor to an existing Schedule C for a ...

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community, @John1961

Currently, the option to export the Trial Balance information directly to ProConnect Tax Online (PTO) is only available in QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA). For more details about this integration, you can check out these helpful articles: 

Yes, you're correct with the workaround of running the P&L report in QBO and manually entered the details on the spouses Schedule C in PTO.

For more useful links about PTO, you can visit our Resource Hub.

I'll let our product engineers know that you want to add this feature for future enhancements. If there are updates, I'll keep you posted, @John1961.

I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day!