cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Issue with paying sales tax on QB?

Every time I click on the pay sales tax line under vendors Quickbooks automatically closes. Are there any fixes for this?? I have to manually pay the sales tax with a check. Every time I pay it with a check it tells me that this is a liability and I should be paying it through the Sales Tax liability, however, as stated above it will not let me. I Appreciate any help.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Issue with paying sales tax on QB?

Thanks for reaching out to us about paying sales tax, @Carrie333.

I've checked my resources to verify if there's an on-going investigation about this. However, there are none. Most likely, there's a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file, installation, hard drive, or Windows operating system which hinders you from clicking the Pay Sales Tax line.

Let's try performing the following recommendations to resolve this.

Solution 1: Running the QuickBooks Refresher (QBRefresher) Tool. It helps end QuickBooks processes running in the background and performs a mini repair on your QuickBooks Desktop.

1. Close all QuickBooks Desktop versions.
  2. Download and run the QuickBooks Refresher Tool.
  3. Re-open your QuickBooks Desktop and pay the sales tax.

If the issue persists, continue with the next solutions:

Solution 2: Using the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.

Solution 3: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini file.

Solution 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks using Clean Install.

Solution 5: Creating a new Windows Admin User.

For detailed instruction, you can refer to the Solutions for when QuickBooks stops working article.

Please update me on how it goes by leaving a comment below. I'll be on standby for your response and look forward to getting to the bottom of this. Take care and have a good one.