cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Local taxes / taking out of pay check but not in liabilites to be paid

I am paying Liabilities quarterly It's taking local taxes on two employees but it's not showing up in liabilities to be paid. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Local taxes / taking out of pay check but not in liabilites to be paid

Welcome to the Community, @Ree2.

I’m here to help you find out why the liability isn’t showing on the Pay Liabilities tab.

You need to check if you have set up a payment schedule for this payroll liability. Make sure to update QuickBooks to the latest release and download the latest payroll tax table before following the steps below.

1. Select Employees at the top and select Payroll Center.
  2. Click the Pay Liabilities tab.
  3. Towards the bottom, under Other Activities choose Change Payment Method.
  4. Select Schedule payments.
  5. Verify the setup for the local tax.
  6. Update or edit the scheduled payment by highlighting the item and clicking Edit.
  7. Choose a payment frequency.
  8. Hit Finish, then Finish Later.

Once done, the tax liability should appear on the Pay Liabilities tab. For more in-depth information on this matter, check out the following articles: 

Otherwise, pull up the Payroll Liability Balances report and verify your tax liability payments. You might have an overpayment that's why the system isn't giving you the option to pay for it. Let me show you how:

1. From the top menu, select Reports.
  2. Select Employees & Payroll and choose Payroll Liability Balances.

Take a look at this article for reference: Customize payroll and employee reports.

That should answer your concern for today. Post again in the Community and let me know if this works out for you. Have a good one!