cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My payroll taxes are reporting wrong

This week for the first time there are no deductions for payroll taxes -- social security, etc.  How do I correct this?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: My payroll taxes are reporting wrong

Hi there, PaulMayer.

Thank you for reaching to the Community. It would be my pleasure to help you get your payroll tax calculating again.

Can you share with me what QuickBooks product you're currently using for payroll? Are you using the Desktop version or Online?

There are several factors why your taxes are not calculating when running payroll. If you're using the Desktop version, we can start with making sure your QuickBooks is on the latest maintenance release.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu and look for Update QuickBooks.
  2. Under the Update Now tab.
  3. Check the Reset Update box.
  4. Select Click Updates.

Once you get a confirmation of the update, let's close and re-open QuickBooks to ensure the updates will go through. In case there's a popup, Click the Install now option.

After following the steps above, let's download the payroll update. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Employees menu.
  2. Click Get Payroll Updates.
  3. Click Update

Lastly, let's go back and revert the paychecks:

1. Go back to the Payroll Center.
  2. Click Resume Scheduled Payroll or Pay Employees.
  3. Right-click employee name highlighted in yellow, then select Revert Paycheck

After following these steps, I'm sure you'll be able to create payroll again with taxes calculating.

Please keep in touch with me here if you need further assistance. Any additional details will ensure a timely solution.