cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

My payroll taxes are reporting wrong

Taxes are not calculating properly on Reported Tips In. Please help and call me at [removed]

1 Comment

Re: My payroll taxes are reporting wrong

Hello there, @jrussel1.

Thank you for choosing the Community to assist you today. I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction to ensure your taxes are calculating correctly, and share some more insights to achieve your goal.

The Intuit Community is a public forum and is open for discussions about QuickBooks products. Though I can't call you, I'd love to share some ways to get this straightened out. 

To start, let's make sure your tax table is updated to the latest release. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables.

After that, let's verify the tax tracking type and taxes selected are correct. 

Here's how: 

1. From the Lists menu, select Payroll Item List
  2. Find then double-click the name of the item.
  3. Click Next until you reach the Tax tracking type section.
  4. Make sure the type selected is Reported Tips, then click Next.
  5. In the Taxes section, click the Default button. 
  6. Click Next until you can click the Finish button. 

Once done, try to create your paycheck again. If the payroll tax is still not calculating correctly, I recommend checking the following article for the additional solution: How to save or revert pending paychecks.

I've also added this article for more reference about tips: Report tips in and out on employee paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.

However, if you get the same result, I recommend reaching out to our Payroll Support. They have tools like screen share to help you get to a resolution quickly. 

That should take care of it. Please know that I'm just a post away if you have additional questions about processing payroll or while working with QuickBooks. I'll be happy to help you out. Take care and have a great day ahead.