cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

NYS requires a separate amount for credit card transactions. How do I separate them on quickbooks?

Is there anyway I can separate cash or check payments from credit card payments?  NYS requires this?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: NYS requires a separate amount for credit card transactions. How do I separate them on quickb...

Thanks for joining the Community, @Leubner_125,

I want to make sure you're able to record your payments correctly in QuickBooks Desktop.

Before anything else, may I know if you're referring to your sales tax payments? If yes, we're currently unable to assign a credit card account for your liability payments.

What you can do is create a separate bank account for each type of payment. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Vendors tab.
  2. Choose Sales Tax.
  3. Tap on Pay Sales Tax.
  4. On the Pay From Account, select the correct account you want to use for the payment.
  5. Hit OK.

You can pull up a Transaction List by Vendor report to view the payment you've recorded. Here's how:

1. Go to the Reports menu.
  2. Choose Vendors & Payables.
  3. Select Transaction List by Vendor.
  4. Click the Customize Report button.
  5. Go to the Filters tab.
  6. On the Search Filters box, locate Transaction Type.
  7. From the Transaction Type drop-down, select Sales Tax Payment.
  8. Click OK.

I've also included an article for your reference: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop

That should do it. Please update me if you have any questions about the process. I'm here to help you out. Have a good one!