cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Payroll Contractors Tax Reporting 1099

For intuit payroll if a contractor pays back salary they received how do you update quicken payroll?

For example I paid the contractor through payroll as a contractor $2000. And it turns out I shouldn't have so they sent me a check for $2000 to reimburse. Do I need to update quicken payroll for tax reporting purposes or can I just edit the amount the contractor was actually paid when I go through the 1099 reporting process through intuit payroll? I don't want to be flagged by the IRS for underreporting. But there doesn't seem to be a way to subtract a payment once reimbursed from the contractor.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payroll Contractors Tax Reporting 1099

I'm glad you reached out to me, nrug.

I want to guarantee the IRS won't flag you for underreporting, so let me help you record the reimbursement.

You have the option to follow either one of your proposed options. However, it'll be better to update both Quicken and Intuit Payroll to ensure the accuracy of your 1099-MISC form.

We'll need to review your payroll data in our system to do this. I'd love to do it for you, however, I don't have access to the tools necessary to do this.

On the other hand, our Online Payroll Team has access to these tools. If you reach out to them, they'd be able to walk you through the entire process. Go ahead and give them a call, and they'll be happy to take care of you.

Keep in touch if there's anything else I can help you with, or if you have additional questions. Have a great day!