cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Printing 1 part 1099 forms

I am on a Mac Desktop computer and we have always used the 1099 forms that are a half page each and we have to do multiple print jobs so the recipient has all the copies they need for filing.  I would rather buy the 1 part 1099s with three copies on one page, but I'm not sure if this is compatible with QuickBooks and I don't see where to change the layout from the traditional half page forms to the 1/3 page layout.  Is there a way to do this?

Best answer 01-28-2019 02:42 PM

Accepted Solutions

Re: Printing 1 part 1099 forms

Hello LeighAnnK,

Thanks for using QuickBooks for Mac for your business.

Right now, we can only print two 1099 forms per page in QuickBooks. It would be convenient if you could print three forms per page. Here's an article for more details about printing 1099 forms: Set up and print 1099s (Mac)

While this option isn't available, I'll personally send a feedback statement to our engineers about printing 1099 forms. I'd appreciate if you can also submit a suggestion directly to them by going to the Help menu, then selecting Send Feedback Online. They'll use it to make product improvements.​

I'm grateful for your input. Please reach out to me if you have other questions. Have a good one.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Good day, @LeighAnnK.

Welcome to the Intuit Community. I can share some information about printing 1 part 1099 forms in QuickBooks.

Currently, the QuickBooks 1099 form format has two tax forms per page. I recommend reaching out to the IRS for confirmation that filling the 1 part 1099s with three copies on one page is possible. If so, then you can purchase them and use the QuickBooks information in manually writing and filling them to the IRS.

That should get you on the right track, LeighAnnK.

Keep me posted if you have other payroll inquiries. I'm still to help you more. Wishing you all the best!

Experienced Member

Yes.  I am aware that there are two on a page.  I've been filing 1099s for over 20 years on these types of forms with QuickBooks.  There is a 3 per page form that is available and used regularly by companies and acceptable by the IRS.  My question is how does that work with QuickBooks where everything seems to default to the 2 per page layout.  I was hoping there is a place within QuickBooks where we can change the print layout.  The 3 per page forms are much, much cheaper than the the 2 per page versions.  $6.49/ 50 versus $31.99/ 50.

Hello LeighAnnK,

Thanks for using QuickBooks for Mac for your business.

Right now, we can only print two 1099 forms per page in QuickBooks. It would be convenient if you could print three forms per page. Here's an article for more details about printing 1099 forms: Set up and print 1099s (Mac)

While this option isn't available, I'll personally send a feedback statement to our engineers about printing 1099 forms. I'd appreciate if you can also submit a suggestion directly to them by going to the Help menu, then selecting Send Feedback Online. They'll use it to make product improvements.​

I'm grateful for your input. Please reach out to me if you have other questions. Have a good one.