cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sales tax issue

We have noticed recently that when an invoice is created for customers that are located outside of the county we reside in, the sales tax is not calculating correctly.  It uses the sales tax for our county instead of where the plumbing work was performed. If I pull the invoice up on the computer I can change the box that says location (this box will read USA and there is an error message saying that quickbooks cannot verify the address but this happens on every invoice)so that it is correct.  However,  my husband uses the app to invoice and then has to wait until one of us get home to fix it and send to the customer.  I'm not sure why the invoices stopped basing the tax off of the customer address or how to fix it. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Sales tax issue

Hello, PrestigePlumbing.

The location used in your device might triggered this error. Let’s try to turn off your device location when creating an invoice. 
However, if the issue continues after inactivating the location, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team for further investigation. 

Here’s how you can reach them:

1.    Login to QuickBooks Online browser. 
2.    Click Help at the top. 
3.    Select Contact us. 

Please let us know if you have other concern with QuickBooks. We’ll always be here to help.