cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

State Income WT paid but not relieved out of PR Liability

I paid NYS withholding tax on Feb 26th but it still shows in QB Liability.  I did it through qb, did the NYS1, QB accepted it, NYS accepted it and it is cleared through my bank.  How do I relieve it out of the PR liability owed section without having it sent to NYS again, yet show as not owed on the state for this qtrly reporting?  I am not sure how all this happened since it was done through qb yet is coming up as it wasn't done and not out of my qb ckg account in the system either.

Best answer 04-26-2019

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: State Income WT paid but not relieved out of PR Liability

Hi there, @VickiK!

I'm here to help you remove your state income withholding out of your payroll liability.

To start with, let's open your payroll liability report. From there you can drill down the amounts and review your transactions.

This way, you can be able to check if you made the payment but QuickBooks doesn't recognize it.

If there's a need to record your tax payments, here's our detailed guide for your reference: Enter Historical Tax Payments in Desktop Payroll.

However, I'd still recommend contacting your accountant. He/she can be able to help you further in removing your tax owed in your payroll liability.

Please let me know in the comment section below if you have any other questions. It'll be always my pleasure to help.

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @VickiK!

I'm here to help you remove your state income withholding out of your payroll liability.

To start with, let's open your payroll liability report. From there you can drill down the amounts and review your transactions.

This way, you can be able to check if you made the payment but QuickBooks doesn't recognize it.

If there's a need to record your tax payments, here's our detailed guide for your reference: Enter Historical Tax Payments in Desktop Payroll.

However, I'd still recommend contacting your accountant. He/she can be able to help you further in removing your tax owed in your payroll liability.

Please let me know in the comment section below if you have any other questions. It'll be always my pleasure to help.

Experienced Member

Your information was easy to follow so I got my problem solved.  Thank you so much!

Experienced Member

Thank you!

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the love, @VickiK.

Delighted to hear everything works well on your end. With QuickBooks Online, taking charge of your financial tracking and tax preparation is as easy as a few clicks and swipes of a finger. 

Be sure to check out our Community site for tips on how to make tax preparations even easier. Also, you can check our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/.

You can always leave a post below if there are any accounting and bookkeeping features you’d like to get more familiar with. I’m always here to help.