cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **
Solved

The New Paid Family Paid Leave in Massachusetts

Will Quick books be updating for the PFMP in Massachusetts for deductions for both employee and employer, that will be starting in July 1, 2019?

Best answer 05-01-2019 10:44 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: The New Paid Family Paid Leave in Massachusetts

Hello, @Lowell211,

We haven't receive an update yet from our engineering team.

However, you can check out to this page anytime: Massachusetts Paid Family Leave. We'll keep you updated through this article, thus stay in touch with us.

If there's anything I can help you with your payroll, please let me know. I'm always around here in the Intuit Community to help.

10 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @Lowell211,

We haven't receive an update yet from our engineering team.

However, you can check out to this page anytime: Massachusetts Paid Family Leave. We'll keep you updated through this article, thus stay in touch with us.

If there's anything I can help you with your payroll, please let me know. I'm always around here in the Intuit Community to help.

Frequent Explorer **

Great thank you so much!

Frequent Explorer **

When I click on the link it won't open yet? I assume it will as it is updated?

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back, @Lowell211.

I've already updated the link mentioned above. You should be able to open the article.

If you have any other concern, don't hesitate to post again. The Intuit Community is always open to help with any QuickBooks issues you may be having.

Have a wonderful day ahead.

Frequent Explorer **

Great thank you.

I haven't seen an update on this matter here or on the link https://community.intuit.com/articles/1840800-massachusetts-paid-family-leave .  Can you let us know if there are any updates?  Thank you!

QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, @tosler.

QuickBooks always make sure to be in compliant with the State and Federal regulations. Our Compliance Team is working with the agency to implement it before July 1, 2019.

At this time, we’re still gathering information from the state and waiting for the final release on all Intuit payroll products.

So far, the latest Payroll Update is 21909, released May 16, 2019. To know more about what’s included on that recent update, check out the following articles: 

I’ll make sure to update this thread for any changes related to this. 

Thank you for your patience. Let me know if there's anything else you need. I’m always here to help. Have a good one!

Frequent Explorer **

Thank you.

I'm assuming QuickBooks will include an update for the Massachusetts paid family and medical leave deduction, to become effective July 1, 2019.

Will there be an option to select whether or not the employer has 25 or less employees? Or will QuickBooks calculate the  number of employees, based on the previous year's employee count? What about those companies hiring  1099 employees that make up more than 50% of their workforce?

If I'm understanding the law, correctly, only 40% of the medical leave contributions will be deducted from the employee and nothing from the employer, while 100% of the family leave contribution is paid by the employee.

Hi linleelew,

At this time, detailed information about the Massachusetts Paid Family Leave calculations in QuickBooks Online (QBO) is unavailable.

Employers will be required to start making contributions to support the paid leave program after July 1, 2019. Rules for employers with contractor employees are in this article: Paid Family Leave for employers.

You can always check back for updates on how this tax will be supported by all QuickBooks payroll products through the link provided by my colleagues.

I'll be sure to get back to you in this thread as soon as our Payroll Compliance Team released an information for the Massachusetts Paid Family Leave.

That should do it. Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I'm always glad to help.