cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave (New Tax 2019) for contract temporary help

With the new law in place I am trying to figure out how to track and pay for this new tax for temporary help / contract help. 

Help! 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave (New Tax 2019) for contract temporary help

Hi David_Barrett,

To track WA Paid Family and Medical Leave, you'll have to set up the rate in the settings.

Here are the steps:

1. Click the Gear icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. Under Your Company, click Payroll Settings.
  3. Under Taxes, click the State Taxes - WA link.
  4. Select the rate from the WA Paid Family Medical and Leave drop-down link.
  5. Click OK.

Once done, the figures will appear when you run your employee's payroll.

You can also check this article more information: Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave (New Tax 2019).

I'll be around if you need more help with QuickBooks. Thanks.

Established Member

Re: Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave (New Tax 2019) for contract temporary help

That works for employees. How do I set up and track for non-employees? Contract help that are not tracked as employees.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, David.

The option to track WA Paid Family Medical and Leave is only available to workers who are set up as employees. You might want to visit the Intuit Marketplace look other third-party applications that offer the same services for non-employees. Here's the link: https://desktop.apps.com/home.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions.