cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super Explorer ***

Which Report or Account shows the Payroll Taxes Paid by the Employer?

Trying to get ready for taxes. Looking for the Employer-Paid Payroll Tax Report to know how much I can write off for taxes for the business.  Taxes under Payroll Expense shows two physical checks I wrote to the State and 1 to the Fed before I had E-File set-up. E-File Payments are not showing up in this account and not sure where they show up.  Or should I use the "Employer Taxes" under Payroll Summary Report amount total?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Which Report or Account shows the Payroll Taxes Paid by the Employer?

Hi there, @Vitan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. I can share some insights about tracking your taxes.

You found the right report for you to verify the employee and employer paid taxes. The Payroll Summary by Employee report displays the total wages, taxes withheld, deductions from net pay, additions to net pay, and company-paid taxes and contributions for each employee on your payroll.

Also, you can view your Payroll Settings if you want to view where your tax payments are mapped. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Payroll Settings.
  3. In the Preferences section, choose Accounting.
  4. Verify your Tax Expense Accounts.

That should get you on the right track, @Vitan. If you need further assistance, please feel free to notify me so I can get back to you immediately. Have a great day!