cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Why is my state sales tax adding things wrong

Hello, i'm having problems to make one invoice because i do have to include 6.5% of sales taxes (living in Florida 6% and more 0.5% of Floida orangy county) but in the invoice is only calculating 6%, i don't know what to do anymore,

5 Comments

Re: Why is my state sales tax adding things wrong

Hello,

You need to enter your 4 digit zip code extension.  Once you do that it will calculate.  See picture below.

Here is a link to zip+4 lookup.  Enter your full address.  https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

QuickBooks Team

Hi @Maza Decor,

You'll have to enter the correct zip code of your address. I'm here to share a few insights and help you from there.

@MarshallA is correct. In addition, if you're selling your items base on your business address, here's how you can review it and enter the necessary changes:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Under Your Company, select Accounts and Settings.
  3. Click Address.
  4. Enter your correct business address in the Company address field.
  5. Select the tickboxes for Customer-facing address and Legal address.
  6. Hit Save.
  7. Click Done.

However, if your items are sold base on the customer's shipping address, you'll have to review and enter the correct address. Let me show you how:

1. Go to Sales.
  2. Select Customers.
  3. Find and click to open your customer's profile.
  4. Click Customer Details.
  5. Select Edit.
  6. Enter the correct address in the Billing address field.
  7. Select the tickbox for the Shipping address.
  8. Click Save.

Once completed, I'm confident you can start creating your invoice with the new and correct rate of your sales tax.

With this, I've included a couple of screenshots for your visual reference and an article you can read about your sales tax: Sales Tax Basics.

Capture47.PNG

Capture46.PNG

Lastly, you can also read this article that might help be your guide for your future reference: Use the Automated Sales Tax Center.

It'll be always my pleasure to help you here in the Community if you have any other questions. I'll be keeping an eye for your response.

Established Member

It dind’t work, still calculating only 6%, and i need it to calculated plus 0.5% because i’m in orange county and they charge it

how do i do?

Highlighted

@Maza Decor Hmm, I tested it and it calculated it on my end.

Can you please attach a screenshot similar to the one below that shows your full address and your +4 zip code?

Also, are you shipping the item to your customer or is the sale taking place and taxed based off your company address?

ProAdvisor

@MarshallA 

@MarshallA wrote:

@Maza Decor Hmm, I tested it and it calculated it on my end.

Can you please attach a screenshot similar to the one below that shows your full address and your +4 zip code?

Also, are you shipping the item to your customer or is the sale taking place and taxed based off your company address?

Great question! Thanks!