Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Member

online payroll

Quickbooks is putting the FUTA withholding into a FUTA payable account in my system, but I want it to go into a FUTA payroll liability account that is in my system.
How do I change the account that this part of the transaction goes into?
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: online payroll

Hi mkbinc,


Here's how you can update the account for your payroll taxes:

  1. Click the Gear icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. Under Your Company, click Payroll Settings.
  3. Under Preferences, click Accounting.
  4. Find the Federal Unemployment (940) and change the account from the drop-down list.
  5. Scroll down to the bottom, and click OK.
  6. Select the Starting Date under Want to update existing transactions, too?.
  7. Click Update.
  8. Click OK.

I'll be around if there's anything else you need help with QuickBooks. Have a great day!