cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Explorer ***

paypal refund transaction in quickbooks destop?

2 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: paypal refund transaction in quickbooks destop?

Hi there, @geylicio

It's good to have you back here in the Community. Allow me to help share some information about entering refund transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.

Are you trying to create a refund transaction from PayPal in QuickBooks Desktop? If so, you can create a refund in QuickBooks Desktop to record this transaction. 

Let me guide you how:

1. Click on Customers at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on Create Credit Memos/Refunds.
  3. From the Customer: Job drop-down, select the appropriate Customer.
  4. Enter the returned items in the line item area, then select Save & Close.
  5. On the Available Credit window, choose one of the following, Retain as an available credit, Give a refund, Apply to an invoice.
  6. Select OK.

paypal.PNG

To learn more about recording a refund in QuickBooks Desktop, please refer to this article: Record a credit memo or refund in QuickBooks Desktop.

Also to better understand the accounts receivable workflow in QuickBooks Desktop, you may read through this article: Accounts Receivable.

This should get you moving today.

Please let me know if you're referring to something else or you have any other questions about processing a refund in QuickBooks Desktop. I'll be around to lend a helping hand. Thank you and wishing you all the best!

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: paypal refund transaction in quickbooks destop?

For a PayPal refund, enter a Credit Memo transaction to reverse the Invoice or Sales Receipt.

As you save the Credit Memo you'll be prompted and asked what you want to do.  Answer that you want to issue a refund, then pick PayPal as the payment type and pick the PayPal bank account as the account.