cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

prepare our 2018 taxes

Hi I want to be able to print out all forms and file the right forms or our taxes. I have had someone do this for me in the passed on our QB Entreprise. But she is no longer here. I guess what I'm asking is what are the steps?

I know how to print out our employees W-2's. I do this each year. But I don't know how to file them or the States forms with the IRS, SS or State. Can someone guide me please? I have a CPA for the business but I want to do what I can to lower our cost to them. My buisness is in Louisiana. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Wanda

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: prepare our 2018 taxes

I’m glad I’ve come across your post, @Stacy1.

Welcome to the Community! I'd be delighted to help walk you through filling your tax forms via QuickBooks Online. Let's get started!

To help you prepare for your tax forms for the tax annual filling, check out the 2018 Year-end Checklist. Here's how to file your W2 forms:

1. Go to Taxes.
  2. Under Payroll Taxes tab, choose Annual formsSlide1.GIF
  3. Click the specific forms you want to file. Slide2.GIF

4. Indicate whether an employee pays retirement contribution outside QuickBooks, click Continue. Slide3.GIF

5. Make sure to put a check mark on File Electronically.
  6. Click Submit to file W2. Slide4.GIF
  7. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the filling process.

Just follow the same steps for your Louisiana state forms

For additional references, you may check out this article:Year End Center: QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced.

Keep in touch with me if you have other questions about filling your tax forms. I'm always here to help.