cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

state unemploment

2 employees not showing up on state unemployment.  Didn't have ssn in the first time I created the state unemployment form so I entered in the snn and recreated form and still not showing up.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: state unemploment

Hi there, @cowboyrunning.

Thanks for reaching out to the QuickBooks Community. Let me help share some information about the State Unemployment Form. 

First, let's verify if the state is set up on the employee's payroll information. Here's how:

1. Open your employee's information.
  2. Click Payroll Info.
  3. Select Taxes.
  4. Click State.
  5. Select your employee's state and mark the SUI (Company Paid) as check.
  6. Click OK

In addition, the employees will show on the State Unemployment Form once they have a wage base. You can pull up the Payroll Summary report to verify if the wage base calculates correctly on their paychecks. 

To run the Payroll Summary report, here's how:

1. At the top menu bar, click Reports.
  2. Go to Employees & Payroll.
  3. Choose Payroll Summary.
  4. Change the date range.
  5. Double-click the name of your employees.

If the wage base amount is zero on the Transactions by Payroll Item, this means it will not show on the State Unemployment form. If the amount shows, you'll need to process liability adjustment to correct an employee's year-to-date (YTD) information contained in Payroll Items such as company contributions, employee addition, and deduction payroll items. 

For additional reference, you can check this article for the detailed steps on how to adjust payroll liabilities

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Feel me in if you have additional questions about the State Unemployment form. I'm always here to help you out. Wishing you and your business continued success.